"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Monday, August 2, 2010

Apologies

I apologize for ignoring my blog for so long. I'm still alive and kicking, just been busy with ordinary life duties. I promise I'll be better at blogging. Really, I will. Here is some randomness to make up for my blog delinquency:

1. Menu plan for the week. I know it is helpful to hear what everyone else is having for supper. Here is my proposal:
Monday- beef taquitos
Tuesday- grilled chicken with grilled veggies
Wednesday- chicken salad from leftover grilled chicken
Thursday- pizza
Friday- leftovers
Saturday- supper at church
We will also be having fresh green beans, homemade applesauce, and lots of cucumbers.

2. I have been experimenting in couponing lately. I have been a skeptic of couponing because it seems to require a lot of work. I usually buy generic, store brand. Can it really be cheaper? I have found a couple good blogs which do much of the prep work for you, and am trying to be diligent in not buying things that are not necessary. So far it has been fun and productive. For example, I bought the toothpaste the girls use for 12 cents. When they run out, we're set. I am still working on it and have yet to determine how much it saves in the long run. But I'm getting sick of our high grocery costs and am up for some help.

3. We're doing swimming lessons again this week. It was absolutely amazing how much progress Madeline and Lydia made the first time around. Anna is getting her turn this week, along with her big sisters. She did better than expected today.

4. School starts either this Thursday or next Monday, as soon as I get my act together. I have some laminating to do before then. I love laminating.

That's all for now. Thanks for hanging in here with me. More interesting posts will be coming soon.

No comments: