"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Snack time

At our house, my girls ask for a snack about every five minutes. Unfortunately for them, we only have snacks twice a day.

Snacks are one of the more difficult items to keep healthy, while still being easy and somewhat mess free. I also try to get a protein or more than one food group in the snack. I sat down and came up with the following list of snack possibilities, then set a plan for snacks for the week, just like I plan my meals.

Yogurt
Snack mix (Cheerios, raisins, craisins, chocolate chips, or other tidbits mixed together in a baggie)
Crackers with peanut butter (My favorite crackers are Trader Joe's multi grain and Kashi original seven grain.)
Cereal with milk
Veggies with ranch dip (Carrots, celery, peppers. Anything they can dip is good.)
Chocolate fruit bar
Apples and pretzels
Apple muffin
Bagel with cream cheese
Granola bar
Crackers and cheese
Popcorn

Over the next couple days I will post the recipes for the chocolate fruit bar, granola bar, and apple muffins.

What do you do for snack time at your house?

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Well..try not to have it every 5 minutes. That's what we do for snack time! :)

The girls love PB&J (half each for snack), sunflower seeds (great protein), fruit fruit fruit.

And for today's snack once Layla gets up we get watermelon and...ELAINE'S BREAD!! :)

Marissa said...

oh, i forgot their favorite one:
applesauce. or there are these new "healthy picks" they're called. basically it's applesauce but with pureed fruit in it. the girls eat me out of house and home when it comes to applesauce.