"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Friday, January 10, 2014

January 10, 2014

Julia woke up with no fever today.  The world looks a whole lot brighter.
     Tomorrow we drive to Iowa to drop the girls off with Mark's parents.  We fly out of Des Moines on Sunday for a getaway to Cancun.  We have never been on a "lay on the beach and do nothing" trip.  It has never sounded that appealing to us when there are so many amazing things to see and do in the world.  But, we are both ready for some rest. 
     When I asked the girls if they knew why Mommy and Daddy are going on a trip just the two of us, they replied that we need to rest.  I was kind of surprised by their answer.  I didn't know what they thought of our getting away.  But their intuitive child minds see the need for rest and recuperation.  I told them it is also because Mommy and Daddy need to reconnect as friends.  This family began as just Mark and Erica.  In not so many years it will be just Mark and Erica in this house again.  In the meantime, we have a full house, joy, stress, decisions, mundane work, and busyness.  While we feel united in our vision of living life together I believe it is important to reconnect apart from our everyday life as friends.  I am hoping to fill my cup with sun, beautiful water, good books, delicious food, sleep, and time with my best friend.


No comments: