"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Saturday, January 4, 2014

And Christmas is over.

The girls finally opened our Christmas presents today.  I'm not a meanie.  But, we are gone for the entire Christmas week and arrive at home loaded with new toys and gadgets to put away from grandparents and aunts and uncles.  I don't think anyone goes overboard with presents.  It is just that by the time you celebrate with two families and have five kids we are tired, happy, and have plenty of new stuff to play with.  If we open our presents before we go it seems early and rushed.  If we open right when we get home, it loses a little sparkle because we are a little Christmased out.  So I thought we would give ourselves a little space this year before we did our family presents.  I think it worked out great.  The girls were excited to open, and seem to appreciate it a little more than normal.  We were planning on opening tomorrow, the day the church celebrates Epiphany.  Then I realized that we leave this coming Saturday for vacation.  When I began to think of everything that needed to happen before then my heart rate started to rise.  So we opened today.
The girls each get a frankincense (spiritual), myrrh (body), and gold (fun, extravagant) gift.  I love watching them open their gifts.  We got enthusiastic reactions all the way around.  





Their gifts...
Madeline:  Hudson Taylor biography, gloves and hat, Nerf bow and arrow
Lydia:  Christian allegory book, comforter, bike
Anna:  What's in the Bible #4 DVD, sparkly boots, play mailbox
Cora:  What's in the Bible #3 DVD, pink purse, chef dress up clothes

No comments: