"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Sunday, February 13, 2011

I need to brag for a minute.

My husband got me the most fabulous Christmas present.  



A Cleaning Lady!

The idea popped into his brilliant mind a few months ago.  As Christmas got closer, he wouldn't tell me what his idea was but I could tell he was nervous about it.  He was worried I'd be offended, that I'd presume he meant I wasn't doing a good job.  Buddy, no offense taken!  I love it.  

I am really not a big gift person.  It is just about the bottom of my love languages.  My most prominent love language is service.  I like beautiful things and a nice house.  But ultimately, I am practical.  So this gift fits in line with me perfectly.

He wanted to get me something that would be a splurge and that I would never think about getting for myself.  He hit the nail on the head with this gift.  It has been hard to wrap my mind around spending money on something I know I can do myself.  I also know that I can't do everything myself.  I love homeschooling and creating a warm home for my family.  Homeschooling would be easy if I didn't have to also keep up with the laundry, meals, cleaning, and little girls.  In the same way, it seems now that laundry, meals, cleaning, and little girls would be easier without homeschooling.  Cleaning seems to be the reasonable area to ask for help.  This is probably the most difficult time of our lives to keep the house clean, with little girls running around and only one girl really able to contribute much help.  I also realize that the cost of a cleaning lady coming once a month verses the cost of private school tuition isn't even close.  

So, I'm embracing it.  I have the first cleaning time set up for next week, the day before my extended family is coming to stay.  Praise the Lord.  Hallelujiah.  

3 comments:

peter marie said...

Wow....that is awesome! And yes, it sounds like the perfect gift for you with everything you've got going on. Enjoy it!

jibby said...

Way to go Mark!

Anna said...

what a perfectly wonderful gift!