"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Best tantrum to date for the Jules

Julia gave a magnificent performance earlier this week in her quest to prove that she has an iron will.

As I was downstairs getting lunch ready, she was upstairs practicing how to put lipstick on.  (Side note:  how do they know what goes where?  If I catch her with my eye liner, she is trying to get it on her eye lid.  If she has lipstick it is somewhat close to her mouth.)  By the time word got down to Mommy that there was trouble brewing, there was lipstick all over her face, hair, clothes, and my bathroom.  It was a fine exhibition.  This picture is proof of the terror, after it was cleaned up.  

I took her to her bedroom to change her clothes.  Heaven forbid!  Oh no, this was not acceptable to her one year old mind.  She started screaming, kicking, flailing about.  She did not want clean clothes on, her face cleaned, or her hair without the lipstick.  I took this as a personal challenge of my wrestling abilities.  I got her all cleaned up, but she was still freaking out.  So, I did what any rational mother would do and left her on the floor of her bedroom screaming.  

When I came back a few minutes later, she was still screaming.  But instead of on the floor, she was climbing her changing table in hopes of retrieving those dirty clothes!  Put them back on!  I worked hard to make that big mess!  Get me up there to reverse this tragedy!  Mommy cannot win!

Oh yes, dear child.  Never give up.  I scooped her up and dropped her in her crib to cry, scream, and kick some more.  After about 15 minutes she was done.  But she still wimpered for a while after she had a good Mommy snuggle and calmed down. This was not our first or last battle, but it was a good one.  

No comments: