"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Swimming Lessons

Our days are rolling along with a lot of summer fun.  Both sides of grandparents wanted a quick visit before the baby comes.  Grandma was here from Thursday til Saturday.  Then Nana and Papa arrived Saturday night, and left this morning.  I finished up some getting ready for baby tasks, Mark and I went out for our 12 year anniversary, and of course the girls got spoiled.  I soooo appreciate our parents' willingness to make the 4 to 5 hour drives to come see us.  I know that our living away is an inconvenience to them, but they don't let that stop their love and devotion to their grandkids.  We have the best family, and I know that is special.  So, the girls are on grandparent detox right now.  

Last week Madeline, Lydia, and Anna all had swimming lessons.  It is so exciting to watch them learn and grow more confident in the water.  Anna is our little fish.  The entire time I was watching her in the water I had a huge grin on my face because you can tell she is  loving it.  Lydia was pretty apprehensive.  She happened to need to use the bathroom when it was time to practice diving.  We had many pep talks about bravery throughout the week, but she finished strong.  Madeline is gaining strength and endurance.  After watching their lessons, I understood why they were so tired every night.  Anna and Lydia will be in Level 3 and Madeline will be in Level 4 next swimming lessons round.  The two videos below will put a smile on your face... Lydia diving (but really jumping to the ladder) and Anna jumping in.

Speaking of being tired every night, Madeline is attending Camp Sonshine this week.  With non stop activity and the heat, she was bushed last night.  It is a day camp, which is much easier on Mommy than a stay away camp.  She will sleep over Friday night under the stars.  I expect her to sleep the day away on Saturday.


No comments: