"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Friday, June 15, 2012

Baby Sister


Dear Baby Sister,

You are due to arrive one month from today.  I can't wait to meet you, hold you, and kiss you.  Your sisters can't wait to play with you and sing to you.  They love to feel you move by touching my tummy.  And of course Daddy can't wait to protect and guide one more beautiful girl.

It was a surprise to learn that you were coming.  Daddy and I were taking a few weeks to sit and pray on whether we should adopt, foster, or have more babies.  By the end of the month, you were already growing inside of me.  The peace that enveloped me through knowing that you are a gift from God has been wonderful.  I know that it is an honor to carry you, a miracle that God chose to create a new soul inside me.  Even amidst the nausea, vomiting and exhaustion, I do not take any of this experience for granted.  

This is the first time that we have found out whether we were having a girl or boy.  Your sisters did not even want a brother.  We seem to do OK at raising girls.  Having sisters myself, I am so excited for the best friends that you will automatically come in to and have for the rest of your life.  Although we all went to the ultrasound, we did not tell your sisters until that night that you were a girl.  I made a cake.  If the inside was blue, we were having a boy.  If it was pink, we were having a girl.  



Even though we are pretty sure what your name will be, we mainly call you Baby Sister.  And Baby Ronnie.  Daddy was joking around one night that we should name you Ronnie.  Cora grabbed on to that, except it comes out Baby Wonnie.  Cora loves to tell everyone she is getting a new baby sister, from the check out lady at Target to people that she sees every week.

I have been getting out all the baby supplies and washing up your clothes this week.  We are ready for you.  I am at the point in pregnancy where I'm not sleeping much between getting up to go to the bathroom and my legs and feet cramping.  I know that is preparation for when you arrive and I will be caring for you through the night.  We all can't wait to share our love and life with you.

Love,
Mommy






No comments: