Somehow it is already the middle of June. We are having a grand summer, but it is flying by as usual. My goals for summer are:
1. Explore the woods with a nature hike every week. Until monsoon season hit last week, we were making good progress. The girls have loved trekking through the woods. I just need to remember bug spray. Mosquitoes like my sweet girls.
2. Go to the library every week. Lydia and Anna are attending story time.
3. Keep up with math. So far this hasn't been our strongest effort. As Madeline says, "Its summer!"
4. Make our way through Apologia Exploring Creation with Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day. This has been a delight. It is an engaging and interesting read, making us more observant of the world around us. We are completing the nature scavenger hunt with the study, which is a fun challenge to complement our nature hikes.
5. Complete some "projects." We have not been too artsy yet. Madeline did make some mud cup cookies last week all by herself. I let her do everything, from turning on the oven to mixing up the pudding and inserting the worms.