"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DIY flowers

A few weeks ago, I wanted a small gift to bring to a friend's house for a baptism celebration. I wanted to say "Thanks for having us over!" and "We love you guys!" Of course it was an hour before bedtime that I thought of this and needed it to be ready for the next morning. After some quick mental shopping, I decided to put together a flower arrangement for them.


If you run in to this same situation, here is what to do:


1. Retrieve a glass vase from under the sink. If you have a husband who loves to give you flowers, you'll have plenty of these. (Wouldn't that be nice? But hey, they are expensive and die quickly.) You could also use a canning jar or other creative container.


2. Stroll through your yard to find plants for the arrangement. Think outside the box. Even if you don't have a lot of flowers, consider branches, grass, or leaves. The main flower of this arrangement is from a flowering bush. The other flowers are from a wildflower area we planted last year. Whatever you find, clip it. I usually end up needing more than I'll think, so cut a lot.


3. Fill your vase with fresh water, trim the plant clippings, and arrange. I have no secret to this. Try different arrangements until you think it looks right. Have fun with it.


4. Enjoy your free, beautiful, from the heart flower arrangement.
I'm linking up to Works for Me Wednesday. Check it out.

No comments: