"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How fitting.

We are currently reading through "The Long Winter" in the Little House series.

Taken from the kitchen window.  The thought of stepping outside chilled me to the bone.


The poem we're memorizing right now is "Snowball" by Shel Silverstein.
I made myself a snowball.  
As perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it as a pet
And let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas
And a pillow for its head.
Then last night it ran away,
But first -- it wet the bed.

As her big sisters were getting ready to go outside, Julia brought my shoes to me with her hat and mitten on.  Its tough being the baby, especially when your mom won't even put clothes on you.


No comments: