"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to My Mom

If you don't know my mom, she is fabulous.  If you do know my mom, you already know that.

As I get older, I realize more and more everything that she has done for me to make me who I am.  

Mom,
Thank you for showing me what it means to be a mother.  I know that even today, my well being is more important than your own.  Thank you for loving me and doing your best with me.  Even during your Aldi shopping days when things were not easy, you decided to make Dad and us girls your top priority.  I never questioned whether all was well at home.  You and Dad are committed to each other.  You are committed to your children.  And now you are committed to your grandchildren.  
I have always felt that I was cut out of the mold of Dad more than you.  Yet in these past couple months I am discovering more ways that I am like you.  I know that I received a love of hospitality from you.  We minister to others through service.  You are an introvert, becoming rejuvenated through a book alone in the quiet.  As do I.  
The legacy of motherhood that began before you is continuing on.  Thank you.
Love,
Erica

No comments: