"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1, 2014

March did not seem to go fast for me.  I'm happy April is finally here.

She fought a valiant fight this afternoon, but Julia finally gave in after rocking and singing.  She is the baby for only about a month longer, so I was happy to enjoy the snuggles.



After much brainstorming, measuring, pondering, and debating, we finally decided on a plan for the girls' rooms.  Last night I got on the computer to order the bunk beds.  Then I started second guessing myself and thought I should check out a couple other front runners just in case there was some great new deal I missed the first thousand times I looked around.  Pretty soon I was finding fault with every single bunk bed on the internet, and couldn't decide what to do.  I called Mark over to help me sort it out.  He asked, "Do you think you're overthinking it a little?"  Um, yes!  But I can't help myself.  I know I overanalyze.  I know I'm a perfectionist.  I can't stop it!  It drives me crazy.  So, no bunk bed was ordered last night.  I got up this morning determined to make a decision, and ordered the Catalina twin over twin bunk bed from Pottery Barn Kids.  Who knew it would be so hard to find a sturdy, beautiful, quality built bunk bed that could also be used as two twin beds?  

Well, we are in the Frozen world now, just like the rest of America.  We held out for a really long time.  Madeline accused me on more than one occassion of being the only family in all of Nebraska who had not seen the movie.  It wasn't that I was adamantly against it, but we just hadn't seen it.  Two Fridays ago the girls rented Frozen with Mark's mom.  Then my mom asked if she could buy the DVD for the girls for an early spring/Easter gift.  They were extremely excited to open up that package in the mail, especially after they had been discussing pooling their money together to buy the DVD.  This past Friday was the first time I saw it.  I'll admit that I liked it more than I thought I would.  But I'm ready for the soundtrack CD to get some scratches on it.  

Tonight is bath night.  Lydia got an early start so she could have plenty of time to read in the bath tub.  That is my girl!  

No comments: