"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Let's get it done

Well, we're back from Marco, Easter is gone, and school is in a transition period.  I am in the mood to get our house done.  I'm ready to fill the empty walls and windows, and be completely moved in.

 Here are the kitchen curtains I hung this past weekend.  I was going to hem them to be just as long as the window.  But I lost my patience and just put them up.  Now I think I might keep them long.  What do you think?  Seriously, let me know.  Long or short?

For the curtains above the sink, I used Heat N Bond no sew hem tape.  This was my first experience with this stuff, and I love it.  The lady at Hobby Lobby was not too thrilled with my idea to use it for curtains.  But hey, I don't sew.  If I did sew, I would do a traditional hem.  This way, I just cut the length I wanted, and ironed in the hem tape.  I can do that.  




2 comments:

peter marie said...

I like that print!! I would definitely keep them long. You could always buy a set of curtain pull back things (whatever they're called) if you want to keep them swayed to the side.
Have fun getting all the finishing touches done!!

jibby said...

I'm thinking short. You'll always be sweeping them up with the dirt.