"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Madeline

Earlier this week Madeline and I left Daddy with the little girls, and snuck out for some time to ourselves.  We perused Barnes and Noble, drank some hot chocolate, and did some Christmas shopping.  It was just what we needed. 

One of the most amazing things about Madeline is how thoughtful she is.  Sometimes when I'm trying to think of a gift for someone I will ask Madeline if she has any ideas.  She usually has some fantastic ideas because she is so considerate. 

On our night out together we were looking for a gift for my cousin Kaylissa.  Kaylissa is a year older than Madeline, and they are great friends.  Whenever they see each other they give each other a big hug.  Madeline didn't want to get Kaylissa just anything.  She wanted to get her something that Kaylissa would love.  She wanted to get her something that showed Kayli how much Madeline loves her.  I'm not going to share the secret of what we bought, but we think Kayli will be excited.

About a month ago, I found Madeline and Lydia in their room together, scheming about what to get me for Christmas.  They had their own money, looking through a catalog of things they know I love.  How sweet is that?  That is my Madeline!   

Here she is on our first day of school in our new house.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I adore that "little" girl. Big hugs from Aunt Alisa!